Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happiness and Hope

I guess I've been in a poetry state of mind for  a bit and I wrote the poem below since I felt inspired. Why I feel inspired towards the end of the day rather than the beginning I have yet to figure out. Anyway, I hope your day has been happy and if not, I hope tomorrow is loads better! I send my best and warmest wishes to all who read this blog. 

Happiness and Hope

Happiness and hope can be found just about anywhere
In the flowers that grow, in the smiles people give
The wonderful thing about happiness and hope is that
No matter what happens, they continue to live
In each of us and in all things

Even when they might seem to fade
There’s always some glimmer of hope to hold on to
Some happiness to be found
They are lights that can never quite be extinguished
Guiding us in the darkness by driving out hate

When hope is lost, which can be done
And it seems like the darkness has won
It’s at those times that hope has to be searched for hardest
In order to bring out the happiness in the hiding sun
That kicks the darkness out the door and makes it run!

So keep happy! Keep hope!
They’re great things, the best of things
Let them stay with you always
They’re the best medicine when things are tough
Because the only thing that surpasses them in greatness is love

No comments:

Post a Comment