Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's the little things

I know it's cliche but it's funny how the simplest things can be so exciting. My roommate  for example, received a massive bag of Twizzlers as a gift from a friend the other day. She was so excited about it, it was like Christmas came early. I suppose i should talk since I'm like that too. I was so excited when I received an Itunes gift card. Suddenly it felt like there was a universe of music at my fingertips. (Well at least a universe as large as $15 and exactly 2.5GBs of memory space could stretch.)  My roommate and I may not have won the lottery, staved off world hunger or ended all wars,  but by heaven we'd won the magic that is Twizzlers and music! I could jam out to songs I love and she could munch on Twizzlers to her heart's content. 

I've found that things that I can find joy in that might not seem so grand to the rest of the world, still succeed in showing me that life really can rock! It might not involve receiving something- I can feel a thrill of excitement sometimes when I hear a song I like (case in point: "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet makes me feel like dancing on a regular basis when I hear it.)  Life can be full of so many awesome experiences and it's  having those experiences and having the hope of future awesome happenings that makes life worth living for me. LIFE IS GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. <3 love it! I would get that excited about a huge bag of Twizzlers too! I might have to actually go buy some today.

    And I love giving little gifts to people that bring them such simple excitement and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete