Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ah, if only life were a musical

Although I haven't gotten swept up in "Glee" fever, I do like musicals very much. I think that things would at least be a lot more fun if more things in life were set to music. Just think of how entertaining an argument could be if people broke out into song in the middle of it. Case in point: there's a scene in the musical Rent where two women are arguing about how one of them wants an open relationship and the other woman doesn't (to watch the clip click Here.) I realize it's a musical which is why they start singing randomly in the middle of yelling at each other but even yelling sounds so much better in a song. I really believe that, as long as one has  the desire to do so, anyone can sing. I think it's just a matter of finding the right key and even if it's just singing in the shower, it can be really fun. When I was very young I heard a song on Sesame Street and for some reason it's stayed with me.  I still like it. It's called "Sing" and it goes like this:

Sing Sing a song 
Sing out loud Sing out strong  
Sing of good things, not bad  
Sing of happy, not sad
Sing Sing a song 

Make it simple To last your whole life long  
Don't worry that it's not good enough  
For anyone else to hear 
Sing Sing a song

Bob Marley once said: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” (Source:http://tinyurl.com/b766rhh). Even if you feel like you can't/don't want to sing, I still hope that there's music in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment