Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How my voice mail could be more entertaining

I'm very intrigued about how creative one can get when setting up voice mail box answering messages. I've settled with the old, rather dry and slightly boring: "Hello you've reached Maggie's cell phone. I'm sorry I  can't take your call but if you leave your name and number and  a brief message I'll get back to you as soon as possible."  message. However if I let the more creative side of me out, here are some messages I might give serious consideration to using instead:

1. (This is a message I'd use if I was in a slightly bad mood or feeling slightly sassy) Hello you've reached Maggie's cell phone I can't come to the phone because I'm too busy to deal with your business at this moment. However if you leave an entertaining message after the beep I might seriously consider calling you back-as long as you leave your number along with the entertaining message that is.

2. (This is a message I'd use if I was feeling like educating people.):  Hello you've reached Maggie's cell phone, before you leave a message, did you know that tomatoes are a fruit? This was established by the European Union as two countries got in a fight and went to court about it and the fruit loving country won. So now you can leave a message as long as you don't use it to try to get in an argument with me about the difference between a fruit and a vegetable!

3. (This is a message I'd use if I was feeling like being especially nice and sugary!) : Hello you've reached Maggie's cell phone I feel terrible for missing your call as I'm sure you're a really awesome nice person. But if you leave your number and a message (which I'm sure will be as nice as can be,) l will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. I hope you have the best day ever!

 4. (This is a message I would leave if I was feeling especially British.): 'Ello love! Oi! I can't chat roight now love as I've gone up the road to the pub to watch Man United play Arsenal. But if yeh leave yeh name an' number I'll ring yeh when I get 'ome-just as soon as I've 'ad me tea! Cheerio and God Save the Queen!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha I like number 4!

    my brother had a kind of mean one one time. It was set up so the call would go straight to his message without saying --blah blah caller not available leave message--blah blah...so as the caller, you would just hear the ringing stop, and my brother recorded himself saying - hello? hello? who is this? I can't hear you. - and then hang up. People fell for it alllllll the time. He was interviewing for jobs and I suggested that he take it off to not be rude. it just lamely says his name now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your brother sounds like he has a sense of humor. I'm glad he changed it though. Did he get the job he wanted?

      Delete