Sunday, February 24, 2013

I would like to thank.....

Since it's Oscar night I thought I'd say some "thank yous" of my own even though I don't particularly feel like thanking the Academy. So, I'd like to thank the following individuals (as I don't think they get thanked enough and they should be thanked!):
  • God: for always being there and watching over me.
  • My family: for taking the time to teach me the important things in life all while putting up with me and standing by me no matter what.
  •  My friends for being really awesome and sticking it out with me. 
  • AU's Gospel Choir: for showing me that when we sing God sings with us.
  • My church group who have been like a second family to me and have helped me get through so much. 
  •  My teachers/professors over the years: for taking the time to teach me and help me grow academically  although I still strongly dislike maths and science.
  • Doctors for helping keeping me healthy both physically and mentally (even if most of the time my interaction with them hasn't been nearly as exciting as Grey's Anatomy makes it appear.)
  • Police officers for keeping everybody safe and for giving me directions when I'm lost (which happens more frequently than I like to admit.)
  • EMS/ambulance drivers-for driving around with sirens blaring which I'm sure must give them headaches every now and then but they help so many people including me.
  • Drivers/operators of planes, trains, buses etc. even though I might get really ticked at them every now and then for being not exactly on time, I'm still grateful they help people get where they need to be.
  •  Servicemen/women: In honor of my grandad who flew planes in WWII and was shot down twice over the Pacific and survived. Also for my father who served in the Army Corps of Engineers in the Vietnam War.
  • Generally everyone who has touched my life: I feel like everyone who I've come into contact with has shaped my life in some way and I'm grateful for that as I feel it's made me the person I am or perhaps the person I hope to continue to grow into. (Then again,  growing up is overrated!)
I realize if I read out this list I'd end up thanking people for doing what they do on a daily basis anyway but I'm still grateful for all of it.  Even if the people from the Grand and Great and Powerful Academy would start playing background music and shepherding me off the stage before I got through the whole list I'd put up a good fight to get every word out before that! So thank you all and good night!

1 comment:

  1. haha, nice! I like the oscar inspired thank you list :)

    ReplyDelete