Saturday, February 2, 2013

If I had a superpower

I like action movies-my favorite is The Incredibles (even though I just watch it because I love the character Edna-you'll have to see it to understand how awesome she is!) Those movies get me thinking about what I'd like for a superpower. A part of me wishes I could read minds (My rationale: if I think someone is doing something a bit strange and I feel like asking myself "what the heck are they thinking?!" then I'd finally know!) But then, if I knew what everyone was thinking people would be predictable and that would spoil everything. My Plan B for a superpower was that I'd like to have the power to find things instantaneously (especially my keys, phone, and glasses, all vital things to my existence-that I'm unfortunately very good at misplacing.) Then again, like knowing what everyone's thinking, being able to find everything (although very convenient) would probably make my life more cluttered. Besides, one of my New Year's resolutions was to improve my organization habits-having the superpower would totally defeat the purpose. 

Even though I can't read minds or find things instantaneously, I do feel super somehow when I help people and when I see that something I did made them smile or at least happier. I know that at least when I'm happy I feel like there's nothing can stop me, so that's as superpowerish as I get. Plus, if I was a genuine superhero I'd have this urge to wear a cape. In which case, I think I'd try and resist the urge based on Edna's advice. As she warns Mr. Incredible, although they might look cool, knowing me (and Mr. Incredible for that matter,) my cape would inevitably get caught on the only missile meant to stop a bad person from ruining the world! (Please note that only if I were the sole person left to pull the trigger, would I ever even consider lighting any  missile manually or otherwise. I was clearly never meant to operate explosives in any form!) Anyway, now I have to go find my phone. The logical way would be to call it. However I have this sinking feeling that I turned off the damn thing the last time I had it. I'll just have to go on a hunt for it. It's my mission now and I choose to accept it! Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment