Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A little ray of sunshine never goes amiss

This blog seems to be filled with entries on a lot of random topics so now I think it's time for the weather-especially because it's stormy out there right now.  I think it's easy to kvetch about the weather and believe me I think I can kvetch about it just as much as anyone-if only I knew what "kvetching" meant,-I just like the sound of the word but I digress. Anyway, as it's sometimes challenging to think about nice things about the weather and I like a good challenge now and then, here are some positive things/memories I can think of about weather.

  • If it's raining it'll eventually stop and there's usually a cool rainbow after it-although I have yet to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If however, you get stuck in the rainstorm there's always the option of singing in it as you run out of it!
  • If there's a snow storm it's the perfect opportunity to curl up with a nice cup of hot chocolate and a good book/movie and wait it out (same goes for rainstorms)
  • Sun is lovely I think (as long as one has a nice cold drink in hand!) Even if it's really hot, at least it's light out and makes going to the beach/swimming pool and maybe getting a cold drink, a nice treat!
  • When it's really windy at night, I like to pull my bed cover up to my chin. I guess this comes from when I was very young and the wind used to blow and make my family's over a century old house creak, I used to think that if the wind did swoop up and blow me a way, at least I'd still have a blanket to keep warm.
So even if the weather is bad, I still think there's something better coming. I hope that idea can be a ray of sunshine into people's lives, as it has been in mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment