Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dancing with my sister

My sister's birthday was on Friday and even though it's a bit belated, I still wanted to tell this story. My sister and I both took dance classes which were a combination of ballet, tap and jazz dancing and I think we were pretty proud of that, or at least I really believe it was something we both enjoyed. I remember one instance very specifically where my sister and I decided we were going to put on a very short (1 dance) impromptu recital and dance to, of all things "Be True to Your Heart" by 98 degrees-boy band. (Yes, I do still listen to 98 degrees and other assorted boy bands and am not ashamed to admit it! ) 

My sister and I reasoned that our parents would like this particular song because it featured Stevie Wonder. So we practiced and put on the show and I just remembered it was a lot of fun. In a way, half of me wishes we could have videotaped the event (we didn't because we didn't own a video camera at the time.) Even though we couldn't film it the memory of us dancing still stays with me and is now written down for posterity in this blog (for at least as long as this blog manages to be on the web!) 

Anyway, Ali, I hope you keep dancing even if we can't always dance together!

1 comment:

  1. <3 siblings might be the best things in all the world <3

    ReplyDelete