Sunday, March 24, 2013

How to open a very hard to open jar!

I had this jar of lingonberry preserves from Ikea that I really wanted to open. ( Note; lingonberry preserves are very good with Ikea meatballs-even if the meatballs are made of horsemeat-I don't care!) So this blog post is the story of my (very intense) struggle to open a  jar of lingonberry preserves, just so that that the miraculous event of opening this jar is documented for future generations! 

First Attempt:

 I first tried the "normal" way of opening the jar... which didn't quite work and was rather frustrating!

Second Attempt:
I thought I remembered from one of my science classes in grade school that if I stuck the jar under hot water, the hot water would make the lid expand and make opening the jar easier. 

Third Attempt:

Jar still won't open-decided to try drying it off.... must.....try......harder!!!


Fourth Attempt:



SUCCESS!!! This is one small step for Maggie one giant leap for the jar opening-ly challenged people of the world-one less jar to open! There's hope for us yet!

1 comment: