Saturday, March 16, 2013

Maggie starts running into horror show madness

My roommate is really into a show on the AMC channel called "The Walking Dead." At first I refused to watch as I'm not typically all that into zombie movies/shows/etc. However,  Inspired by Eleanor Roosevelt's idea of doing one thing every day that scares you (although I've limited it to doing scary things to once a week-daily is just takes too much time for me to figure out a scary thing to do and then figure out how to do it!) -I decided to branch out give the zombie show a chance. So I watched an episode-I was able to do this quite quickly since every time I got the feeling that things were a bit too much hacking off of heads, I just fast forwarded through it. Meaning that I probably watched approximately 15-20 minutes of the episode as the rest involved a lot of hacking to me but I did get the general idea of what it was about. I've now progressed to watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, (just rented it on Netflix) just because the idea of Abraham Lincoln being bad ass and fighting off vampires seems rather entertaining to me as well. (I always tended to think of him as the quieter type but I suppose every public figure seems to have a secret or two up their sleeves!)  Although I probably will fast forward through the nasty bits of that movie too-which might mean I'd only really watch 10 minutes of it too but hey, the point is I'm at least making an effort and it's good to be adventurous! My message to everyone: avoid getting bitten by anything at all costs-being undead equals an inevitable shot in the head!


1 comment:

  1. Just keep in mind Twilight is horrible, but not considered horror! :)

    ReplyDelete