Saturday, March 23, 2013

My way of getting rid of a cold a bit faster

As there's still snow in Boston and people seem to be getting colds right and left around me, in the interest of helping people get better I hereby sing the praises of the humidifier! When I was younger my parents' remedy for all things cold related was to use a humidifier. In case you don't know what this magic machine is-a humidifier is basically a device that you fill with water and plug in to a wall and it puts more moister into the air. Since it makes the air less dry  this machine did (and still does) help me recover from colds a bit faster as it helps me breathe better. (Especially combined with Vick's chest rub). As you'll see from the picture humidifiers aren't that large and they aren't all that expensive either. The one in the picture below cost me about $30 at the pharmacy. As long as they're kept clean and rinsed out, humidifiers last for quite a while-I always thought it was a pretty good investment.

Get well soon everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment