Thursday, March 28, 2013

Swear words can be funny!

For whatever reason people are always surprised when I come out with some swear word or other. It got me thinking how funny some of the swear words we use really can be when you think about their meaning in a literal sense. Examples: 
  • Who would have thought people would start yelling about human poo when they're angry? When I'm angry (yes I do get angry sometimes) poo is the last thing on my mind (although I admit I've used that particular dirty word quite frequently). Maybe from now on I'll start yelling the plain old word "poo" when I'm angry so I'll laugh so hard I'll forget what I'm angry about!  
  • Speaking of swear words that make me laugh-I find myself saying "phooey" quite a bit too and it also helps to laugh.
  • Now we come to the f-word. Think about it-yelling that word-it's almost like you're commanding people to sleep with each other. I guess if you're in a country that has more old people than young  people and you feel the need to remind people that more babies are needed, maybe yelling the f-word isn't such a bad idea if people take it literally!
  • Why are women called female dogs when people want to insult them? I object!  I think that's sexist! After all, when you call a man "dawg" it's usually seen as a cool thing. It's not fair I tell you! I'm surprised the animal rights people haven't gotten up in arms about it too. Why bring a poor dog's name into an insult? I think I should start picketing about it just cuz I happen to like dogs. Anyone with me? No? Oh well....it's the thought that counts I guess.
I realize there are loads of swear words and most can't be thought of as funny by any stretch of the imagination, but  heck, if you think about some swear words literally they could start making you laugh more rather than yell more. That way you save your voice and hopefully laugh your way out of anger!

No comments:

Post a Comment