Thursday, April 18, 2013

Get attention by doing nothing......

I remember in school there was a presentation my class and I went to about acting. The teacher asked a group of us to stand on the stage and try and get everyone's attention focused on each of us as individuals. So almost all of us, (except for one girl who stood stock still throughout) started yelling and screaming and dancing around. Lo and behold, the person that got the most attention we found out quickly, was the girl who hadn't moved a muscle-which was slightly irritating to me. It was my first lesson in that it is possible to get something for doing nothing at all. Not that I took that idea to heart and decided not to apply myself to anything-which probably would have led to a very boring existence. However, it did make me realize that it's good not to follow the crowd and instead stop and decide not create a ruckus sometimes. (Although I think creating a good ruckus now and then is good for maintaining spunk!) 

So my point: if you want to stand out in a crowds (literally) don't do anything! (Unless of course the crowd is a mob of people running toward you-in that situation I think I'd run if I were you and to hell with being noticed!)

1 comment: