Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy places

There's this part in the 6th book in the Harry Potter  book series which describes a daydream charm which allows people to daydream without anyone noticing that they're not paying attention. It is yet another magical object I wish I had sometimes. If I did, there are certain places I'd think of which people usually associate with a lot of happiness. Here are some:
  • Airport Arrivals Terminals: Everyone there is happy to see people they love or are good friends with. I've never seen a sad person in an arrivals terminal and I hope I never will. 
  • Ice skating rinks: People are usually smiling and laughing when they skate around the rink. From what I've seen most people are even laughing when they fall down. 
  •  Maternity wards: People love babies. Even if there are complications in births and pregnancies there's still a lot of love there and that can help maternity wards to be a happy place. Every baby is worth celebrating despite everything that might happen.
  • Parks: they're fun places to hang out and have picnics and/or watch people playing ball or something. I've always had fun there.
  •  Beaches: Relaxing when it's sunny and one has a nice book to read and a picnic to eat with friends.
So even though I don't have a daydream charm I can still dream occasionally and when I do, the places I've mentioned are good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment