Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Opportunities to educate oneself-Brookline Community Education

I believe that people should never stop learning and to that end I've been taking classes at Brookline Adult and Community Education. I've taken quite a few classes including a Spanish cooking course, a relaxation strategies course, a screenwriting course, and courses in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. I've learned a lot from all of these courses and I'm even continuing to write a screenplay based on what I learned from the class I took. I'm also cooking more and different things and I think my computer skills have improved. The prices for these courses are fairly reasonable I think the most expensive classes I took cost about $250 but they were 3-6 week courses so in comparison to regular college courses it's not so bad. I really believe it was money well spent as all teachers I've had have been really helpful and I've enjoyed and learned a lot from them. If you live in the Boston/Brookline area check out their course catalog here.

Even if you don't live in MA I think most states/regions have community ed courses that are just as awesome. Overall, knowledge is power and I love knowledge because increasing it means we have even more ability to make a positive difference in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment