Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The secret to contentment

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."-Philippians 4:12

I guess if it's explicitly described in the Bible, the secret to contentment isn't such a big secret. I like this Bible verse because it gives an idea of a way to be content/happy. Obviously, this isn't to say practicing a religion is the only way to get to true contentment. (Although I think that having faith in something positive is a good start.) On a personal level, I feel I also gain a sense of contentment through the love I receive from my friends and family and I'm incredibly grateful to them as they me strength. It makes me happy that there's not really a secret to contentment. I don't think that anyone is truly incapable of being content. That's what I like most about happiness- it's something that everyone can have and share and it can be found almost anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment