Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Things I love about Boston

Although I love Boston because it's Boston,  now seemed to be a good time to mention some of the things I like most about this city. These include:
  • Boston Common, when the weather is nice I like walking around the place plus there are wonderful concerts and Shakespeare plays in the summer which are really fun!
  • Boston Garden-There's usually musicians playing and in the spring and summer the flowers are really beautiful.
  • The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum-it's a quirky place full of art, some of which isn't labeled as I think Isabella wanted people to experience art and not worry about details. Plus I think it's funny that she made it a rule that anyone named Isabella gets free admission to the museum for life.
  •  The Museum of Fine Arts-beautiful paintings and sculptures-it makes me feel....cultured!
  • I love the Boston Public Library, the building is beautiful, plus when I was in school it was a great place to study. 
  • The Red Sox- it's a Boston staple-I go for the crowd though, somehow I like the atmosphere I like and of course it's wonderful when they win!
  • Chinatown-dim sum-I realize it's not for everyone but I love  Chinese food and dim sum is basically a bunch of small appetizer-sized dishes of dumplings, vegetables and many other foods. Waiters come around with big trays of food and you basically pick what you want to eat. I realize dim sum isn't just a Boston thing but I was introduced to it in Boston and have loved it ever since. Not knowing what I'm eating may be the most fun about  it for me. I figure as long as it tastes good it's worth trying! My favorite place to eat dim sum in Boston is Hei La Moon -88 Beach Street Boston
  • Berklee College of Music-I like it because they have free concerts (check the schedule here) and the fact that I have friends that are Berklee students that I can cheer on, also makes it fun!
  • Jogging/walking by the Charles River over the Massachusetts Ave. bridge is fun-when the weather is nice. You get a great view of the city and it's fun to watch the rowers!
  • The Boston Symphony Orchestra is a great experience. Although tickets to their performances in the Boston Symphony Hall can be pricey, sometimes they do free concerts on Boston Common which are fun. (Check out the schedule here.)   
Aside from all the things listed above, what I really love about Boston is the awesomeness I've seen in the people living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment