Saturday, April 13, 2013

Why my Mum is amazing!

 I have an amazing Mum and because it's her birthday I felt the need to show her off to the world. So here are some reasons why I think she's awesome!
  • When things get tough she taught me that you can't let the bastards grind you down!
  • Her lemon and honey tea is great for curing so many things.
  • She and my Dad have taken my family to so many really awesome places. She's from the UK so when her parents were still alive she'd plan out vacations in the summers to go and see her family across the pond. She'd plan these trips around 8 months in advance and we've been all over the UK and some parts of Europe as a result of her planning and my family's had a marvelous time doing it. Even when things didn't go as planned it just meant we had really fun stories to tell later about it all. 
  • My Mum can be a hardcore road trip traveler in that she's taken my siblings and I to places like Florida twice to visit my Dad's relatives there and then back Michigan by car when we were all under the age of 10. She did this trip of over 1,000 miles in the space of just 2 days. She's also taken us to Washington DC by car to visit her sister-a distance of about 600 miles-a trip she's accomplished in around 10 hours.  How she's done all that traveling and still kept herself sane is a marvel in itself in my opinion!
  • She and my Dad are really great cooks and I know that my Mum has always done her best to make sure we all had healthy meals on the table and that we all ate dinner together. 
  • She's basically been a librarian/tutor to us all. She made it her business to help my siblings and I scholastically in any way she could. She took it upon herself to learn practically all there was to know about American history among many other topics to help my siblings and I do well in school. If she couldn't find the information she seemed to always know how to point us in the right direction in order to find the answer.
  • She and my Dad have been with my siblings and I through serious illnesses and were a constant presence at our side and I think we recovered faster with their help.  My Mum even gave up her career as a lawyer to be a stay-at-home Mom and help us get through these things and to generally raise us 3.
  • She and my Dad have been cheering us on all our lives, they've both been to every track meet, piano recital, dance recital, tennis match, soccer game, school play and concert that my siblings and I ever performed in. We could always hear when they clapped!
  • My Mum and Dad have pushed me and my siblings to work hard and do well in everything we set out to do and I think we've been more successful because of this.
Although I've listed off a bunch of reasons why I love my Mum, the biggest reason I love her is simply because she is my Mum and I wouldn't want it to be any other way.  She's the best!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful dedication for your mom! <3

    ReplyDelete