Friday, May 3, 2013

Fun children's games

Going off of my last post since I don't want to grow up and kids like to play games I thought I'd write about 3 of the games I liked to play when I was younger.

  • I really liked a game called "The Ha Ha Game." You need at least 6 people for it to work well. All participants lay down in a line and each person lays their head on another person's stomach. If there are 6 people for example, the first person starts out by saying "ha" and then the next person says "ha ha," third person: "ha ha ha" and it goes on down the line with each person saying one more "ha" than the person before them. The point is to get all the way down to the last person without actually laughing-which is virtually impossible to do but that's precisely why the game so great! Laughter is the best medicine for everything!
    To get a visual image of the game watch the video below: 
 
 
  • Another game I liked was Marco Polo which I found to be more fun when played in a swimming pool for some reason. It can be played with 2 people or (optimally) more with 1 person (who is the designated "it" person) closing their eyes and calling out "Marco!" The rest of the participants are supposed to shout "Polo" and then the person who is "it' has to catch someone else by following their voice. The person that get's caught first is the next person to be "it." 
  • A final game I liked was "telephone." At least 4 people are needed for this game. All people playing the game stand in a line and the first person whispers a short message in the ear of the next person and the next person has to whisper the message to the third person exactly as it was given to them by the first person. The goal is to get to the end of the line and have the last person be able to repeat the first person's message word-for-word. I liked this game because by the time the message got to the end it was usually a lot funnier than when it started!
 So if you have kids you need to entertain/you feel like the kid inside you needs some entertainment my hope is that these examples prove to be useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment