Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Second Appeal for Boston's Walk for Epilepsy!!!

I'm a big fan of the Epilepsy Foundation of New England and although I've posted about this before, their Walk for Epilepsy is coming up on May 18th. If you'd like to participate please register here. If you preregister the cost is $10. You can also register at the event at a cost of $20.  If once you register you'd like to join a team please feel free to join the "Epilepsy Support Group" team as I'm also a member of that particular team.

The walk will start at around 10 am on the 18th and will be held at:
DCR'S Pope John Paul II Park Hallet Street Entrance. Dorchester, MA 02124. 


 Again it's a really fun event with a picnic and a live band as well as popcorn and face painting for kids. I've always had a great time! This is a cause I really care about as it would raise money for services offered by the Epilepsy Foundation such as support groups, advocacy projects and workplace training about what to do if someone has a seizure. I've directly benefited from some of the Foundation's programs and I want other people to be able to have some of the awesome experiences I've had. These activities wouldn't exist without funding from donations as well as grants. Therefore (and this is the one and only time that I'll use this blog to solicit donations for a cause) even if you can't go to the walk, if you would like to donate money please feel free to do so on my profile on the Foundation's  website. If you can't donate or go to the walk, anything you can do to spread the word about the walk to friends or colleagues who might want/be able to participate would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much everyone in advance for your help and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment