Sunday, May 19, 2013

Toy stores-Funusual!

I've always loved toy stores and today I was walking around Quincy Market (or Faneil Hall Marketplace if you want to be all official like) with a friend who introduced me to this awesome store called Funusual. Although the store was fun on it's own because it all these fun wind up toys, puzzles, silly signs to put on doors and even puppets (!) I think it was even more fun because I had a friend who was there to show me the awesomeness of it all. It just goes to show that things are more fun in general when you have someone to share the fun with! 

If you go to Funusual I'd suggest checking out the puppets, they have there own back stories. Then of course there's spinning tops and the windup toys-they're excellent things to watch go whirr when one is bored. Then there are the doormats that say things like "Come back with a warrant!" I could go on and on but I guess it suffices to say that there's still a kid stuck in me and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. After all, someone once said that old people are just young people who've been around for a bit. I totally agree and when I'm getting on in years I'll still be like that!

PS-I like the store's name best because fun should be usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment