Friday, June 28, 2013

Favorite movie quotes

Since I like movies a lot, I was thinking of some of my favorite movie quotes and just for the heck of it I had a sudden urge to share them!
  • Babs: (Chicken from the movie Chicken Run, after realizing that the farmer isn't going to kill her.): All me life flashed before me eyes.[disappointed] It was really borin'! 
  • Veronica Fisher: (from the move The Good Old Summertime upon realizing the man that she's in love with is her formerly unknown secret admirer who she's been writing to throughout the movie.) Psychologically I'm very confused but personally I feel just wonderful! 
  • Ramses: (from the movie The Ten Commandments) So it shall be written! So it shall be done! (I think I only really watch that movie when they always play it on TV right before Easter just to watch him say that line!)
  • Edna: (from the movie The Incredibles) I never look back darling, it distracts from the now.
  • V: (from the movie V for Vendetta) Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. 
  • Maximus Decimus Meridius (from the movie Gladiator) Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear.
  • Eric Draven: (from the movie The Crow)  Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children.
  • Gandalf: (from the movie Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring): A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to!
  • John Clarke: (from the movie Calendar Girls)The flowers of Yorkshire are like the women of Yorkshire. Every stage of their growth has its own beauty, but the last phase is always the most glorious. Then very quickly they all go to seed. Which makes it ironic my favourite flower isn't even indigenous to the British Isles, let alone Yorkshire. I don't think there's anything on this planet that more trumpets life that the sunflower. For me that's because of the reason behind its name. Not because it looks like the sun but because it follows the sun. During the course of the day, the head tracks the journey of the sun across the sky. A satellite dish for sunshine. Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that's such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life.
  • Jenna Hunterson: (from the movie Waitress, writing a letter to her baby): Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment