Sunday, June 23, 2013

Walking across the Grand Canyon on a tightrope? Well, why the heck not?


In case you missed it, a man named Nik Wallenda walked across the Grand Canyon on a tightrope this evening. A part of me is inclined to think he's crazy and yet I still watch him anyway. The slightly nutty side of me kind of wishes I could do something crazy like that so maybe I watch it so I can live vicariously through this guy while sitting on my bed quite comfortably.  Let's say though, for the sake of argument, someone actually did dare me to walk across the Grand Canyon on a tightrope, this might be my thought process before I made a decision on the matter:

Thought 1: Heck no, I'm not doing it! I'm not all that well coordinated and I want live to be an old woman!
Thought 2: Well, then again, I'm all for living life to the fullest, maybe I could do it...if I practiced a lot (obviously on a much much much smaller distance from the ground!) Plus I'd have to get to a point where absolutely nothing could break my focus on something.
Thought 3: If Mr. Wallenda an do something like that and if people can do crazy things like skydive through the earth's atmosphere then there's really no limit to what people can accomplish if they want it badly enough.
Thought 4: Do I want it badly enough?
Thought 5: NO! I think I'll lie down now until any thoughts of walking on tightropes in general pass out of my head!

So even though I don't think I'd ever walk on a tightrope I want to congratulate Mr. Wallenda-I still wonder about his mental state but I'm still glad he followed his dream and achieved it!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! As someone who is afraid of heights, this is incredible!

    ReplyDelete