Monday, July 22, 2013

Because babies seem to be on the brain today... can't think why.....

A prince was born today! Hooray! I don't really know why I'm so excited about it except that babies always manage to make me feel good inside. Maybe it's because I'm a girl but I really think that (at least based off of what I've seen from everyone I know) babies for the most part have a keen ability to make people smile. I'm the oldest of three and so I have some memories growing up when  my sister and brother were really young. My sister had this walker toy that was basically a chair on wheels with a tray encircling it. When we'd put her in it, it would allow her to run everywhere even though she couldn't walk on her own yet. We'd play a sort of game where she'd chase me around and she could really move once she got started in that thing. I'd have to run so she wouldn't catch my feet in the wheels of the chair. It probably sounds crazy but it was fun. 

The thing I remember most about when my brother was a baby was his obsession with tractors I think one of his first words actually was "tractor" -maybe it was because we grew up in a  farming community so there were a lot of tractors around at any given time. Every time he'd see one I used to think it was really sweet when he'd point at it emphatically and shout "TRACTOR" like he was the first  person to discover the machine for the masses. Although he grew out of that phase quite quickly and has no plans to be a farmer, he still likes cars and things that go vroom in general.   

I know the newborn prince won't grow up on a farm and although he might get one of those walker chairs to chase his parents around the palace, I just hope he has as much fun as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment