Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Classical music is classically beautiful

I always liked classical music and I think that started when I was very young. In my early years my parents tried to instill in me that the only thing on the radio was classical music and NPR -National Public Radio, for those who don't know. For the most part classical music was something I enjoyed listening to along with my parents. As I grew older and realized that pop music and rock music existed also, my tastes changed a bit but I still enjoy listening to Beethoven and Chopin now and then. It gives me peace when I'm feeling in need of a little relaxation. It gets me that great musicians like Beethoven are still remembered today, over 150 years after they died. Heck, even spell check recognizes their names! (That of course means they're really famous-after all, if you have an unusually spelled last name and spell check doesn't try to correct it, then of course you've really made it!) In all seriousness now, to me the fact that these musicians are still remembered and the music they created is loved by so many, reenforces the idea that music, like love, transcends time and still remains beautiful.  I heard this beautiful piece of music today by Beethoven which got me thinking about all the things I've written about in this post. The piece is called "Piano Concerto No. 5 in E flat "Emperor" 73 - Adagio Un Poco Mosso. I thought I'd share it with everyone (see the clip below) as I felt it was too beautiful not to share! My favorite part of it starts at about one minute 30 seconds into the clip. Enjoy and be at peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment