Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Here's to the T!

My experience of Boston's T
 
Want the experience of riding a train?
If you come to Boston you will see
How culturally stimulating riding a train (I mean the "T") can be!
It seems that every train I've ever been on here
Has people from all these places that I've never been

There I was on the train the other day
With a man who I think was from China
A bunch of students singing a Spanish song with a very loud refrain
And even an old lady reading something in Acrylic-I mean Cyrillic!
(Get it right, Maggie! Don't put your International Studies degree to shame!)

Anyway the T can also be 
A place with quite a bit of chivalry
As on more than one occasion 
I've seen men give up their seats
So women can finally rest their aching high heeled feet!

As much as I might get tired of waiting for a T
And even if the ruddy driver doesn't always wait for me,
I still take the train as it does get me from A to B 
And I must say at least  in terms of getting around Boston
The T is one of the best things that has happened to me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment