Friday, July 26, 2013

I love foreign music!

What prompted this post is my mum's friend from France and her really nice taste in music. She sent me a CD from a group called Coeur de Pirate which I like very much and it got me thinking about how much I like musical groups from other countries in general. I like French and Spanish music best  because I understand a bit of  those languages so sometimes I can sort of follow along to what's being sung. Really though, I just like the way the music sounds. Even if I don't understand what they're singing about (for all I know these singers could be really singing about how much they love sandwiches or how they just went to the supermarket and really enjoyed that outing,) as long as they sound nice musically,  I'd think the song was cool anyway. Plus, if I like a song enough it spurs me to try and figure out what it's really about. The song I liked best from the CD I mentioned, is called "Comme Des Enfants" and I like it because it sounds playful. The only word I understood out of the whole thing was "enfants" (children-I think!) but it's a start! (Also a signal I really need to learn more French!) In any case, listening to music in another language adds a bit of culture and spice to my life which is another reason to like it!  If you'd like to listen to the song, see below. I've also included a song in Spanish that I like very much as well. It is called Al Otro Lado del Rio from the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries." As far as I can tell it's about rowing down a river and seeing a light on the other side of the river. It's a nice image!

(Comme Des Enfants)


(Al Otro Lado Del Rio) 

No comments:

Post a Comment