Friday, July 12, 2013

Maggie goes for a walk

I swore to myself today I was going to the gym and then I lost my nerve. I thought a walk seemed slightly less intimidating so I decided to take a walk and ended up taking a rather long one.(Well at least by my standards.) I walked about 3 miles. Ok, Ok, I know people run 3 miles or more on a daily basis but hey, I still think it's quite a good walk. I'm glad I went today because the weather was nice. I walked through Boston Common, down Newbury St. (shopping district) and down Commonwealth Avenue to my apartment. It took a bit longer than I estimated because I stopped on the Common to listen to some street musicians, watch a group of Morris Dancers dance a jig (Morris Dancers I'll have you know, are English folk dancers who dance with bells on their legs and sometimes holding swords or flags. I think they're fun!) I just think even though public transport is faster, it's amazing how much more there is to see when I take a walk. Therefore I'm really glad I live in a walkable city!

1 comment:

  1. yes! walking is so healthy too! I love going on walks with no real purpose or time constraints - just following where your heart and interests lead you - observing the daily life of others, watching plants and animals do their things, sitting to rest on a bench and just enjoy the warmth of the sun - it's like a mini adventure :)

    ReplyDelete