Friday, July 5, 2013

The quest to take a picture of a dog...

I'm always impressed when people can get a dog to stay still long enough to take its picture. I suppose it helps that Smartphones have cameras so it really only takes a second or two to get a good shot. Still, getting a dog to stay still for those two seconds can be a challenge. My friend Denise for example, wanted to get a picture of her dog holding an American flag in its mouth for the 4th of July. She said though that things didn't quite work as she had planned as once her dog Toby had the flag in his mouth he started eating the stick to which the flag was attached and then ran away with it. Denise had to run after Toby, get him to spit what was left of the flag out of his mouth and yet she still managed to get a picture of him!


Not to be outdone, I decided to see if I could get my dog Doogle to stand still long enough to get his picture. I managed this feat by acting as though I was about to throw him his Frisbee. When someone gets ready to throw Doogle a Frisbee, Doogle lies down and waits for it to be thrown and then he bolts and almost falls over himself trying to get it. Anyway, I managed to click the picture and throw the Frisbee before he could move. My reward: the picture below!


To me these pictures prove that dogs can be very photogenic-as long as you can get them to stay still long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment