Monday, July 15, 2013

There's something about pajamas

If I had to pick a favorite type of clothing it would be pajamas. It's nice at night just to put on an oversized shirt and cotton shorts and chill out. It's interesting to me that I like pajamas but I can't seem to bring myself to wear them outside my apartment. 

In college I admired the spirit of people who could literally roll out of bed and go to class in pajama pants. ( I never did this as I felt if I always wore pajamas then they'd lose their appeal and I liked having that as yet another thing to look forward to at the end of the day.) I did actually wear my pajamas to elementary school once. Every year or so my school would have Spirit Week. Every day had a theme and as long as we wore something related to the  theme we didn't have to wear the school uniform. (This made Spirit Week more enjoyable although I still don't quite understand how not wearing the uniform increased school spirit.) In any case, I liked pajama day best. I think we were given a designated nap time that day too. (Goodness sakes I miss nap time!  I wish I'd appreciated the nap more because now there are days when I think being allowed to have a designated nap time would be lovely!) Anyway maybe  one day I'll get up and just go and walk around both in and outside my apartment in my pajamas, jut because I can! Ah! Yet another way for me to  rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment