Thursday, August 1, 2013

I've become a mad (chocolate) scientist!

It's official! I managed to complete a (sort of) scientific experiment and concocted an iced drink that tastes good! I was sitting in my kitchen one evening thinking how I wanted an iced drink and was too lazy to go out and get one from the store or from Starbucks. I then saw that I still had some hot chocolate mix and figured I could follow the same process as I'd make hot chocolate except I wouldn't heat the water I'd use and then I'd just stick it in the freezer for a bit. I tried pouring the hot chocolate mix into a coffee cup, filling the cup with water and mixing it all together. Then I stuck it in the freezer for about an hour. I left the spoon in the cup so I could stir it periodically without making too much mess. It tasted pretty good to me when it came out. I have since tried the same process using milk and have found it tastes better than using water. I think the trick is you have to make sure the mixture is stirred well, otherwise the mix just goes up to the top and it's not as nice. I suppose if you want to make it really rich and creamy you could use cream or half and half (half cream, half milk.)  Whatever way I made it, I was just happy it was nice and cool and best of all yummy!

  Photo from: http://www.wikihow.com/Image:FrozenHotChoco-Intro.jpg. (I would have posted a photo of a cup of iced chocolate that I actually made but I drank the stuff before I realized I hadn't taken a picture of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment