Sunday, August 11, 2013

What I'd do if I won the lottery

The latest New Jersey Powerball winner(s) started to be announced today. It got me thinking about how sometimes my mum and I would buy a lottery ticket and we'd talk about what we'd do if we won. Now that I can no longer remember what we decided we'd do (shows how much I really wanted to do the things we planned to do,) I thought I'd make some new plans. (I've thought a lot about this as you can tell....) so I made a list of some fun things I'd do if I won. I like to think I'm idealistic and stuff and that I'd just give all the money away to causes I care about (which may be just what I'd do.)  However, I think I'd be just as likely to do some of the fun things listed below. (Please note that the list is made without consideration for how much money I'd need to win to do it all.) 

Fun things I'd like to do:
  • Go hang gliding
  • Go to India-I've never been and my friend lives there and I want to visit her!
  • Write a book-I realize you can do this without winning loads of money, but if money was no concern I'd be able to focus more on it!
  • Give my parents enough money so that they can go out to eat at really nice places whenever they damn well pleased!
  • Arrange for my sister and I to spend a whole day at the spa, complete with lunch and everything.
  • Help my brother buy a UK football team. It's been his dream for the longest time to buy the team in my mum's hometown. 
  • Pick a day and go to a movie theater buy a bunch of passes (plus 1 for myself of course) and give out the rest as free movie passes.
  • Go skiing in Crans-Montana. (It's a ski resort in the Swiss Alps) I don't quite know why I want to do this except that my parents skied there once and the stories they told me about it sounded really adventurous.
  • Get really good seats and take my friends and family (whoever wanted to go basically) to see something at the theater (e.g play, ballet, whatever they/I wanted to go and see.)
  • Get a  Volkswagen Beetle and hire someone to drive me around in it. I like Volkswagen Beetles and I like being driven around places.  Plus, if anyone I knew well needed a ride somewhere then they could be driven around too!
Now that I've got it all planned out, the only obstacle I face is I've never yet bought a lottery ticket!




No comments:

Post a Comment