Friday, August 16, 2013

What would I do if I met an alien??

So as a result of the Freedom of Information Act has released more information about the infamous "Area 51" in  mostly a map of the site and how it's a nuclear testing facility. Personally, I would be a lot more interested if they had finally revealed that there is in fact an alien life presence in that "Area" as so many people have claimed. It got me thinking about what I'd say/do if confronted with an alien and I was the first person it had met on earth. (I don't know why I'd be the first person but the idea is amusing to me.) I'd be pretty freaked out but at the same time I hope it would be something like the alien from the movie E.T.-relatively calm, sensitive, healing and fun. If I could tell this being a thing or two about Earth, this is a letter I'd write to it: (I'm assuming if the alien being is smart enough to get to Earth, of course it can read English!)

Dear Alien,

Welcome to Earth! I hope you enjoy your time here and that you  get to see a lot of this place we humans call home. I'm guessing you probably like hot places being from Mars and all so maybe it's good you got to Area 51 in Nevada even though the climate there might not be quite as hot as yours. Anyway, while you're on Earth I hope you get to see some of the places that make this planet beautiful. (We have lots of lakes, forests and oceans and deserts)  I also suggest that you try some of our foods,  A short list of foods that we humans tend to eat:  strawberries, chocolate, ice cream, trail mix (my personal favorite), and carrots (which are one of our vegetables and supposedly good for us.)   

Also, even though a lot of people would probably be really freaked out about you there are surprisingly quite a few earthlings who are fascinated by alien life so please make a point of going to meet them as it would be the highlight of their lives. To end, if you happen to watch our Science Fiction movies, I hope they remind you of home and that they don't give you any ideas about dominating our planet. (If you did come here with that goal, if you watch those movies you'll see that there are men like Will Smith who will make it their mission to stop you,. So if you really are hell bent on world domination, you can jolly well go and take over someone else's planet, thank you very much!) All that said, go out, have fun and live long and prosper! 

Best Wishes,

Maggie 


PS-Please release Elvis Presley, people miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment