Saturday, September 14, 2013

Everyone should go to at least one concert in their lives!

Today I went to my first fully fledged pop concert. (Oh I've been to concerts before but they were mostly classical music-beautiful music too.) Today though, I managed to go to a free concert in Boston featuring the Backstreet Boys, Gavin DeGraw and a guy from New Hampshire called Alex Preston who was really cool. He sang songs of his own composition and I could picture relaxing to them.  I think (and hope) he'll make it big someday. Apart from the singers (which were very good) I liked the atmosphere at the concert-it was infectious. I screamed along with the rest of them. I've heard recordings of concerts before and seen them on TV but it really isn't the same. There's something about being there that recordings can't capture, no matter how good they are. That's why I believe everyone should go to a pop concert at least once in their lives. It's the one concert I've been to where it's acceptable (and almost a requirement) to scream and shout like no other and everyone is enthusiastic. Hooray for shared experiences!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment