Friday, September 6, 2013

Experiment!

I'm all for trying new things, even if it means I have to take a risk to do it. I think taking a risk now and then can lead to something better. Although I don't (and don't plan to) take too many risks that could injure me and cause me to lose my health, I think taking risks like trying new foods, new hobbies and meeting new people are risks I've been good about taking. I found a song recently that seems to really describe the benefits of experiments. The song is (very appropriately) called "Experiment" and it's by Cole Porter. The lyrics and a video of the song are below.

Experiment
By: Cole Porter

Experiment
Make it your motto day and night
Experiment
And it will lead you to the light
The apple on the top of the tree
Is never too high to achieve
So take an example from Eve
Experiment

Be curious
Though interfering friends may frown
Get furious
At each attempt to hold you down
If this advice you always employ
The future can offer you infinite joy
And merriment
Experiment and you'll see!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment