Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Why hellium balloons are awesome-they can fly you to Newfoundland!

I always had a soft spot for helium balloons (and no I don't like using them to make my voice all funny! :P) When I was really little I remember my parents would sometimes take me and my brother and sister out to a certain restaurant and the best part about this particular establishment for me at the time was the balloons! I was so excited about this because they even gave them out when it wasn't your birthday! (That aspect seemed even better than the food somehow.) There was something about how shiny they were and how they could fly which I liked. What got me on this reminiscing train of thought was a story I saw on the Ellen TV show about a man who tried to fly across the Atlantic to  by riding in a chair tied to a whole bunch of helium balloons. He didn't make it and had to land in Newfoundland but still, I think his idea is amazing! If I were braver and slightly less sane I might have tried it too but as it is I think I'll lie down safe in my bed and just wait for the urge to pass. I still think he's fun!

 Photo courtesy of: New York Daily News.

No comments:

Post a Comment