Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy International Day of Nonviolence!

As of 2007, the UN declared October 2nd an International Day of Non Violence. They picked October 2nd because it's Mahatma Gandhi's birthday. (Fun fact, if people lived very long lives, then today Gandhi would be 144 years old.) The purpose of this day is like its name suggests, to promote nonviolence through education and by raising public awareness. I don't expect everyone will start holding hands and all wars will cease just because it's Nonviolence Day. I just know that violence  or rather the thought of violence makes me tired. Maybe someday people might get tired of violence too. There's so much to love about people which is why I hope that someday people will just shoot for the moon and stop shooting at each other. A final note: whoever you are and wherever you might be reading this, I wish you peace now and always and I send you my love in the hope it makes your day brighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment