Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy National Dessert Day!

Apparently today is National Dessert Day! Yay! (No idea who came up with this-probably Hallmark but who really cares-I found out through this website: http://tinyurl.com/ptmdbgg.) So  because it's  National Dessert Day I made banana bread because it's something I really like to bake and it always comes out really well. The best part is it's something I can share with a lot of people.  In honor of National Dessert Day I made and ate some of the banana bread and shared it with friends. Somehow it seems to taste  even better when shared-I guess it's collective enjoyment. Even if you don't like/eat banana bread I hope that you did eat something sweet today. After all, what's life without a bit of sweetness in it? DULL!

I know I posted it before but in case you want the recipe for the banana bread I made see below:


Banana bread recipe

1 cup sugar
4oz butter
2 eggs
3 tablespoons  milk
1teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 cups self rising flour
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (depending on preference.)

Cream butter & sugar & add well beaten eggs then mash bananas & add them with flour bicarbonate of soda with milk & vanilla essence & add chopped nuts or chocolate chips
Bake in greased baking tin at  350 degrees for 1 hour then let cool. You'll know it's done if you can stick a toothpick in & it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment