Saturday, October 5, 2013

Have a Serenity Day!

The Huffington Post today asked its readers to take a "Serenity Saturday"-a day where they just relaxed and didn't bother with things like cell phones and technology too much and just de-stressed. The article I read about it challenged people to take this action as part if a mission to redefine success as being more than just money and power. So I'm going to take one day out of the week and spend at least part of it just doing the things that make me happiest. I realize that one such thing is keeping this blog so I guess  just for that one aspect of the day I'll just have to break the "no technology" rule (After all, I do think some rules are meant to be broken.) However, I think it would be lovely to spend the day writing, hanging out with friends, reading books and maybe (if I feel really virtuous) go to the gym. Not that I don't do these things normally, but I think the idea of just doing all that in one day sounds exciting! So whatever it is that makes you happiest, I hope you can go out and spend one solid day doing it all too! Happy Serenity Day!

If you're interested in reading the article I read about all this-click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment