Friday, October 18, 2013

Maggie endeavors to smile for a day

Yesterday I decided to try an experiment and smile for a whole day. Then I realized that in doing so  I'd probably creep a few people out so I resolved just to make a conscious effort smile more than usual. I thought about doing that experiment because I'd really like people to smile at each other more. I think smiles are contagious and they never cease to make me feel good. Since I want other people to feel just as happy I decided to smile more. Plus, did you know that it takes more muscles to smile than frown? (According to an article I read,  Dr. David Song from the University of Chicago Medical Center did a study on the topic and discovered that a frown requires approximately 11 muscles while a smile requires about 12.) See, smiling can help you stay fit! Yet another reason to smile more! In any case,  wherever you might be, please know that I'm always smiling at you through writing this blog.

To read the article about the smile study from the University of Chicago Medical Center, follow this link: http://zidbits.com/2011/09/does-it-really-take-more-muscles-to-frown-than-to-smile/


No comments:

Post a Comment