Monday, October 7, 2013

Maggie tells fear to sod off!

I had this nightmare the other night that I'd forgotten to do something that was really important. I woke up and was all upset because I still couldn't remember whatever it was that I had to do in the dream.  I started really wishing I had one of those "Remember All" thingys that this guy in one of the Harry Potter books had to help him remember stuff. (Of all the things that could come to my mind at ungodly hours of the night- it's of course logical that Harry Potter is one of them!) Then I had this miraculous brainwave that there was in fact nothing of terrific importance that I really had to do at 3 a.m. and I'd be ok if I just went back to sleep. I know, it was just a little thing but I think I appreciated sleeping more because I could do so without worrying anymore. I guess it speaks to the idea that all we (or maybe I) have to fear is fear itself. So fear  be damned, I'm going to sleep and you can't stop me! So there!  (However, I still wish I had a "Remember All" thingy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment