Friday, October 4, 2013

Oh how I wish life was set to music!

So I'm sitting here writing while watching the movie Les Miserables. I think musicals are some of the best things to watch, I just think it's cool how people can spontaneously burst into song and express a lot of emotion in it. Frankly, I wish people could burst into song like that in real life especially when they feel so much emotion that they have to sing about it. Loads of things seem more interesting when set to music. 

Anyway,  The first musical I ever saw in an actual theater was the Phantom of the Opera. I still remember it because  going out there was kind of like a party in itself. I liked getting all dressed up to go and watch this big production of a play. The music made me feel like I was part of it all somehow. After all, what good's a musical (or any performance for that matter)  without an audience? An audience makes things even more fun. When everyone laughs the jokes or funny parts in the plays seem funnier and when people cry out when something more frightening happens it seems even more frightening. So the audience combined with the play itself makes the experience of a play in a theater a great experience. I realize musicals aren't everyone's cup of tea but still I hope everyone gets to see at least one once in their lives, it's the experience that counts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment