Tuesday, October 1, 2013

So proud of ADAPT!

I want to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my good friends who are members of a disability rights group called ADAPT who on Monday peacefully protested outside the Longworth US House of Representatives Building against the House's failure to support the US's healthcare law that just went into effect today! I have a soft spot for these individuals not only because my friends are part of this group but also because I'm really proud of them! They send a powerful message that even though they might not be able to physically stand, gosh darn it, they can still stand up for what they believe is right! They show me that having a voice and shouting it loud has never been more important. Politics aside, the fact that they can (and do) express themselves and refuse to be ignored never ceases to inspire me. They show me that everyone has the power and the right to be heard and that is something that should never be forgotten. I send my love and support to everyone who (regardless of the difficulties they might face,) has the courage to speak out for what they believe in and to get the services they really need. Best wishes to all of you!

To read more about their protesting activities click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment