Sunday, November 24, 2013

A weekend with some amazing people!

I had a truly amazing weekend with some really awesome people since I had the privilege of attending the 2nd Annual Thrive Mentoring Program Conference. The event capped off another year of the Thrive mentoring program which as its name suggests is meant to help young women with disabilities to thrive and be empowered! I learned so much from the experience and I met so many really wonderful people. Among these was Kelley Becherer a Paralympic swimmer who won two gold medals and two bronze medals in the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Athens, Greece  and another two gold medals in the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, UK. She and all the other women who spoke really inspired me. As a whole, the conference continued to emphasize to me how no matter what difficulties people face, there is really no limit to what people can achieve and we must never let anything hold us back! I'm proud that I've been part of the Thrive program and that I can continue being a mentor. It's one of the best things I've ever done. :)


The women of the Thrive program are Wicked Smaht and Wicked Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment