Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy National Young Readers Day!

It's Young Reader's Day  which starts Book Week for kids! Ah, the nostalgia! I remember when I was a young (not that I've ever really grown up but anyways,) when I was younger in elementary school I used to love Book Week where they'd have group reading sessions where one of the teachers would get us all together and read a book or two. It was really fun because they made the characters come to life by reading in the characters' individual voices.  At the end of the week, there was always a Book Fair where one hallway of our school would essentially be turned into a bookstore. Even if you didn't get a book from the Book Fairs, there were still prizes to win if you read a certain amount of books. I think that in many ways I grew to love reading even more because of Book Weeks. I hope every school has something like a Book Week so every kid can hopefully grow to enjoy reading as well.

 I feel like Book Week shouldn't just be for kids, so my challenge for all who read this is to at least start reading a book this week and if you want to write in a comment and talk about how good the book is, I'd really look forward to hearing about it!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment