Thursday, November 7, 2013

International Tongue Twister Day

Today is how many tongues can you tongue twist twist twist day! Ok, that was my feeble attempt at creating my own little tongue twister but anyway, I thought I'd share a few actually good tongue twisters purely for your tongue's enjoyment!
  • Fresh fruit-just try saying it (clearly) really fast-well anyway I think it's hard!
  • She sells sea shells on the sea shore
  • Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers that Peter Piper picked? (Fun fact: This tongue twister was first written in 1813.)
  • VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."  (I know this one was really long and probably impossible to say 3 times really fast but I still like it anyway!)
  •  Denise sees the fleece, Denise sees the fleas. At least Denise could sneeze
    and feed and freeze the fleas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment