Monday, November 18, 2013

Songs that inspire me!

I was just thinking about how, although I might listen to music for enjoyment, music can also serve to inspire and motivate me to work effectively, be strong, and hopefully help someone. Below are some songs that get me up an' at 'em. ( Haven't decided who the "'em" is that I'm getting at but anyway...) Whoever "em" is to to you, I  hope these songs get you up 'an at 'em too! 

* "World on Fire"- Sarah McLaughlin: It lights a fire in me and makes me want to do something good!
* "World"- Five for Fighting: The song asks "what kind of world do you want?" I want a better world and I'm working on it!
* "Nimrod" from Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations": As it's a classical piece it doesn't have words but there's something powerful in the music that makes me feel inspired!
* "Before the Parade Passes By" from the musical "The Music Man": I want to lead a parade!
* "With My Own Two Hands"- Jack Johnson: I think everyone has the power to change something for the better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment