Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Something that should never be forgot

It's Guy Fawkes Day today. For those who don't know (or haven't watched V for Vendetta yet)  Guy Fawkes was a man who today in 1603 tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament when he knew the King James I would be there. Guy was ticked off at King James for persecuting Catholics and trying to force them to become Protestant. While I don't advocate  for violence in any way at all, I still think today could be used to promote people standing up peacefully for what they believe is right. Whether it is protesting in person, writing in to a newspaper or just going out of one's way to do something nice for someone else, I hope people stand up for that. I suppose just doing something small to stand up for what's right might seem like a drop in the ocean. However without any drops there would be no ocean. Every little bit counts and I think that fact is something else that should never be forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment