Saturday, November 9, 2013

Yippee for Hippies!

 I've developed a soft spot for hippies. Ok, maybe not everything hippie but I do like some aspects of hippiedom such as their their fashion. So today all that led me to go to the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) in Boston which has an exhibit called Hippie Chic which had a lot of hippie fashion. I liked the exhibit because it showed how people were influenced by a lot of different fashions from a lot of different time periods. They had dresses that were modeled after Indian fashions and others that were deliberately made to look like they came from the 1800s as well as awesome boots.

Sometimes I feel like a hippie a little bit. No I don't smoke nasty substances (don't plan to ever) and I haven't protested anything as yet (although I might if the situation calls for it!) However, I have embraced a smidgen  of the free love idea. I hugged a homeless guy the other day-well, maybe he wasn't homeless he was just sitting on the curb when I was walking past. He was going on about how he was going to this music festival in California and that he was sad because couldn't understand why people didn't stop and listen to him as he wasn't asking for money and he just wanted to talk to someone. I don't know what gets into me but I thought he looked a tad forlorn so I asked if I could give him a hug, he consented, I hugged him and then he laughed and declared me a modern-day hippie. So I'm a happy hippie!

Anyway, if you're in Boston hurry up and go to the MFA to see the Hippie Chic exhibit because it ends this Monday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment