Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy National Look at the Bright Side Day

It's the winter solstice (the shortest day of the year) why is it also National Look on the Bright Side day? Because there's always something to feel good about even when things are dark. Even if it's just thinking to myself "it's good that I have 3 meals in me and that this day was  sunny" thinking of the bright side has helped me get through a lot of things. This is why I love looking at the bright side because I know that if I get down and stay that way it's no fun for anyone. So I celebrate looking on the bright side because celebrating something is one more thing to be happy about! Hooray!

 

1 comment:

  1. Mags, How interesting you should say this. I have felt the same way and have experienced the losses and blahs of this season. However, there was one memory that I should start up again and it was while living WAYYYYYY up north on the Alaska Highway. You see, up there, the days of winter and summer were very, very dramatic:..super short in winter and super long in summer.. So on the shortest day in that little town, we would go with our neighbors to the only nice restaurant there and have escargot, steaks, and wine. The sun had long set at about 3:30 in the afternoon. But, with winter cheer, we all knew that the light would return and we would talk about what we wanted to accomplish in simple terms: usually it was kid related or about gardening or about what we wanted to do when it got lighter in the summer. These were happy times....because we all knew things would get lighter, warmer, and life would continue. This is the hope we long for in our lives. In spiritual terms it meant the hope of redemption...where the weak had a chance and the humble leader would do something completely unexpected for all the world. I hope your season is blessed. You have certainly blessed us with this blog. Hugs to your mom, dad, and siblings.

    ReplyDelete